Alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) in Argentina

Verfügbarkeit:
Auf Lager.
Artikelnummer:
2288772
  • Produktbeschreibung

    Alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) in Argentina

    Alfalfa was introduced in Argentina by the Spaniards in the 17th century and by 1921/1922. At present (2018), with nearly 3.2 million ha, Argentina is one the largest alfalfa producers in the world. Approximately 80% of the total alfalfa area in the country is cultivated under rain fed conditions for dairy, beef and hay production in the Pampas Region, while the remaining 20% is devoted to hay and seed production under irrigation in the Northwestern, Western and Patagonia regions. Direct grazing is still very popular for animal production; however, hay production for both domestic and international markets is becoming increasingly important. In this book, we present an overview of alfalfa development and hay production in Argentina, the most important diseases that affect the crop, some criteria for choosing the cultivar to be planted, important concepts to use alfalfa under rotational grazing, an overview of alfalfa seed production in the country, and the development of an extremely non-dormant variety with a high multifoliolate expression to increase forage quality.
  • Zusatzinformation

    Verlag
    Editorial Académica Española
    ISBN / EAN
    9786202127523
  • Sie könnten auch an folgenden Produkten interessiert sein

    Art.Nr. 1028277

    Reiß:Praxisbuch IT-Dokumentation

    46,30
    Art.Nr. 1479181

    Ramirez Molina:Diseño de una arquitectu

    71,00
    Art.Nr. 1698114

    Quaschning,V.:Regenerative Energ.m.DVD

    41,20
  • 0 Kundenmeinungen

    Schreiben Sie selbst eine Rezension

    Ihre Meinung interessiert uns – und hilft anderen Kunden bei der Auswahl.